Re: Your Blog

Please see email below. Are you in agreement with Patrick regarding the Google Alerts? Please comment.

I am not sure I have the time to run two blogs. I will, however, run a survey to get some more direction for the blog towards the end of the summer.

Prof G

From: Patrick Burke
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 11:47:16 PM
To: Giovannoni Gavin
Subject: Your Blog

Hello Prof G,

Just a couple of quick questions

I think your blog is extremely good and very informative but there are so
many entries every day and unless you make a comment straight away then the  opportunity is gone.  Also this means that it is not possible or easy to start up a thread of conversation. 

Personally I would stop Google Alert news, people can always get it them
selves.  Most of the info is American so of little interst to most of us.

Also maybe have two separate blogs, one with academic information and one
with the rest but who will act as God?

Talk soon,

Patrick