Multiple Sclerosis Management 2013: A Changing Landscape

"I am speaking this afternoon at 'Multiple Sclerosis Management 2013: A Changing Landscape' meeting in Vienna. There are close to 400 neurologists at the meeting. The 'Changing Landscape'; refers to the emerging options that will be available to treat MS in the near future. I have to talk on 'Prospects for individualised therapy for MS'; I have decided to be controversial and make the case for MSer-choice and for the option of early aggressive-treatment. Many of you will recognise that as usual I have recycled my slides."

The meeting programme:



My presentation:



"I have a confession to make. After posting this morning on exercise and MS, and making the point about how good exercise is for your physical and mental well being I decide to skip the morning session and go for a run."

"My philosophy is that as a doctor you have to practice what you preach. The same applies for vitamin D supplementation; my family and I are all on 5,000U per day."

"I managed a slow 5 miles without too much pain; however, I did take 400mg of ibuprofen prophylactically. It is hard to believe that just a year ago I managed to run the London marathon. Despite the injury I feel a lot better for making the effort."

Labels: ,