One poster asked what are the Rules of Engagement and how to post. What are the do's and importantly don'ts of posting a comment.
Many moons ago you will remember that you could post at will, you would post and it would appear. There could be some heated discussions.
However, invariably posts particularly on CCSVI would attract destructive Trolls...leading to all comments being moderated. This means they are slow to arrive and depending on content may not arrive at all.
Some we may remove even after posting, because we have not thought the issue through enough. If we have time we may redact them.
ProfG has developed a defense mechanism against rude posters, others have not. However, this does not mean it is a free for all. We are not here to be punchbags and we may bite back, because we are not wet blankets. However, we may get our wrists slapped for that too.
The views present on this Blog are those of the authors and have nothing to do with QMUL
We do not do the blog by Committee....We are human and we make Mistakes
We may have moments of bad judgement and we apologise for this
We do not get paid by Pharma for doing this Blog
(However. see our conflicts and judge accordingly....remember ProfG consults for most MS-related pharma)
Pharma do not control the content...this is based on current research news. We do not control this.
All contributors do so Voluntarily.
We are not all Seasoned Campaigners and being rude to People
New to the Blog, May mean they never return.
We do not monitorize the Blog.
We do not make money from the Blog
- Do Not Advertise
- Do Not Include Secret Links
- Do Not Include Links to Commercial sites
- Do Not have links in your Webname
Such Posts will be deleted if they are not already caught by the Spam .
Explain what the link means, as we have to check them
It really helps if you do not start your post...
Amazing information....you are so ace etc, etc as this is normally followed by "read myblog at website" or "come buy my product" and as we can not see the whole post until it is launched and posted, if a post starts with too much praise it may not see the light as these posts are spammed
We accept that sometimes we may be fooled into giving plugs
- Do not libel
Be careful of accusations that you make.
We have fought hard to keep the option of "anonymous comments".
However, if push comes to shove even Google will give you up, as most emails/posts are traceable and it can be an criminal offence to troll.
- No Trolls Please, you make the blog an unpleasant experience
You may be very disgruntled with neuro X or person Y or place Z that but please do not identify anybody or place related to any dubious thought, activity or practice. They may have no right of reply and you could be committing libel.
- Use Dr X, Dr Y. etc. You are making a comment and not a vendetta.
- You can make gushy comments that are complementary. Ego enlargement is OK, however destructive comments are not welcome.
We realise that some people are seen as heros others less so we will try not to burst too many bubbles.
- Be constructive, even when you are making a negative comment. (This does not mean they have to be bland, we all enjoy a good debate...most of you like VV or Dr.Dre)
- Don't shoot the messenger
- This is not a soap box (OK it is our soap box)
- If you have a long post maybe best to write and cut and paste as comments can be word limited
- This is a not a private consultation, keep your comments general. We can not do consultatations and without your notes and history it is difficult to give advice anyway.
- Please be patient. We try and answer comments but some will slip through the net. Some of the bloggers launching the comments are not qualified to answer them and answers may be slow.
- If you don't understand, ask the question! Don't be afraid of the "stupid question" because if you don't understand there will be many other readers that do not understand also. Doing this as "anonymous" should hide your embarrassment if there is an easy answer. If there is an easy answer this may be forthcoming from an MSer.
More to follow as ProfG may want to add a few