Official Title: A Phase II Proof of Concept (PoC), Double-Blind, Randomised, Placebo-controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of VSN16R for the Treatment of Spasticity in Subjects With Multiple Sclerosis
As you can see from clinical trials. gov (NCT02542787). It is now possible to participate in the "Canbex" Trial if you are based outside of London as there are new sites in Liverpool and now in Sheffield.
Even if you live outside these regions and can travel to them you still may be able to participate, as I understand someone has travelled about 200miles to London
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT02542787
|Ages Eligible for Study: ||18 Years to 70 Years|
|Genders Eligible for Study: ||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers: ||No|
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of MS
- Have an Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) ≤ than 6.5 at screening.
- Spasticity due to MS of at least 3 months duration with minimum mean score of >/=2 mASH
- Acute MS relapse requiring treatment with steroids within 30 days of screening.
- Initiation or discontinuation of MS disease modifying treatment (DMT) within 30 days of screening.
- Receiving medications that would potentially interfere with the actions of the study medication or outcome variables
- Significant renal and hepatic abnormalities
- Previous history of other significant medical disorders
Contact: Dr Rachel Farrell 020 3448 3561 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Neuroscience Research Centre, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust Recruiting
Liverpool, United Kingdom, L9 7LJ
Contact: Susan Whittam 0151 529 5666 email@example.com
Principal Investigator: Dr Wojciech Pietkiewicz
The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery Recruiting
London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3BG
Contact: Dr Rachel Farrell
Contact: Michelle Liddicut Michelle.Liddicut@uclh.nhs.uk
Principal Investigator: Dr Rachel Farrell
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Recruiting
Sheffield, United Kingdom, S10 2JFS
Contact: Kamel Bouakline 0114 271 3339 firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal Investigator: Dr Siva Nair
CoI: We are founders of Canbex who are developing VSN16