PwMS plea for ECTRIMS

#ThinkHand

Anon said

"Dear Bart and all of the MS doctors, drug companies, support groups, bloggers etc. WTF!"


"Stop wasting time and money, why are you retreading the same ole BS. 9 hole peg test really?" 

"Somedays I go slow some days I go fast, honestly it depends on how the nurse treats me that day. God, if I read one more study about a test on drugs that have been out for years, I will kick your ass. Oh wait I can't lift my leg". 

"Lets face it MS patients are cash cows". 

"I think this site is good and maybe you are trying, but I am dying". 

"So dear drug comapanies who go home to there happy healthy familes, take them out to dinner pull out their Black American Express card out.....think of us".

"Think of those backs your gain is on. The ones who look for hope on the internet open the checkbook to negative numbers. Who try to walk to the bathroom and make it time. Who get up each morning and think it's a nightmare, but then it's not. It all begins again. So enjoy your meetings and your dinners and your conference. I will go to bed, I will dream of walking and running and wake up and then it all begins again. MS, its still there".

Dear Anon
If we look at the data presented yesterday about the effect of  a drug on progressive MS, the effect on leg function was slowing dysfunction by  20% , but slowed loss of function of the hands by 40%. In another study there was no effect on loss of leg function but again hand function was saved.

If the focus moves from legs to hands it means that people in the later stages of their MS are not forgotten.

As to your view about ECTRIMS.

As part of continuing education and keeping up to date, people have to go to meeting and talk to each other

Labels: