#NewsSpeak: Is Christmas time still a time for giving?

MS Society Auction; St Paul's Cathedral. Christmas 2016. #NewsSpeak #MSBlog

Thursday night kick-starts the Christmas season and there is no better way that giving to the MS Society. I will be attending the carol service and reflecting on life and what it must be like to live with MS. The MS Society is one organisation that exist to represent you the person living with the disease. If you can, I would encourage you, and your family and friends, to donate to the MS Society.


Click here to make a donation! 

To get in you in the Christmas mood I hope you don't mind me referencing some memorable quotes from one of my favourite books, the 'A Christmas Carol',  by Charles Dickens. It was written in 1843 and is heartwarming story of repentance, redemption, and the transformative power of love and charity.

Scrooge: “Bah, humbug!”

Narrator: “Oh! but he was a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone, Scrooge! A squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scraping, clutching, covetous old sinner!”

Scrooge: “If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"

Scrooge’s nephew: “I am sorry for [Scrooge]. I couldn't be angry with him if I tried. Who suffers by his ill whims? Himself always.’’

Narrator: “There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humour.”

Scrooge to the Ghost of Jacob Marley: “You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"

Marley’s ghost to Scrooge: ‘’No space of regret can make amends for one life’s opportunity misused.’’

Ghost of Christmas Past: “What! Would you so soon put out, with worldly hands, the light I give?”

Scrooge: “Ghost of the Future, I fear you more than any spectre I have seen. But as I know your purpose is to do me good, and as I hope to live to be another man from what I was, I am prepared to bear you company, and do it with a thankful heart. Will you not speak to me?”

Scrooge: “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.’’

Scrooge: ‘’I don't know what to do! I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a school-boy. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Christmas to every-body! A happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!”

Narrator, of Scrooge: “And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!’’

Tiny Tim: God bless Us, Every One!

Happy Holidays

The Blogging Team at Barts-MS

Labels: , ,