#NewsSpeak: Jet-lag and the CMSC 2017 meeting in New Orleans

Jet-lagged, tired and MSed-out in New Orleans; time to take a break? #CMSC2017 #MSBlog #NewsSpeak

I arrived late last night in New Orleans and will be talking at a teaching session this morning. The main objectives of my talk are:
  1. MS is 1 and not 2, 3 or 4 diseases
  2. MS is a length-dependent axonopathy 
  3. Progressive MS is a tractable problem
  4. Neuro-repair is feasible and provides hope for the future
  5. Holistic management of MS#
I am very jet-lagged and tired. I have less than 3 hours sleep on top of several weeks of sleep deprivation. I was meant to be flying back this evening to travel to Scotland for a week's walking holiday doing the Cape Wrath trail. But had to pull out of the walk because of my hip problem; I simply can't do 100+ miles carrying a 20+ kg backpack. I was really looking forward to some time out, but instead my supposed week-off has already filled up rapidly with MS-related activities. I reopened my NHS clinic,  have scheduled several meetings including attending an important biomarker meeting.

The one positive thing about a long trans-Atlantic flight is that I managed to finish 9 writing tasks with plenty more to do. Hopefully, I will be able to maximise some of my free time in New Orleans and next week to complete some more tasks. The life of an academic is no different to any other; we are on a treadmill that seems to be going faster and faster.  

The following is my talk that I will be giving this morning, the programme for the CMSC meeting and a satellite I have been asked to chair are below. Regarding the latter  the previous chair was unable to attend the meeting. The satellite is being hosted by 'MS in the 21st Century' an initiative that focuses on patient engagement. It should be good so if you are in New Orleans please come along. In addition, I am presenting several abstracts and have done already done a Medscape panel discussion.  




CoI: multiple

Labels: ,